Samantha Whitmore: What I Believe


 Samantha Whitmore: What I Believe


Recently, I've been receiving an enormous amount of emails from the followers of The PREYing Narcissist Blog asking what do I believe in, or what's my religion? Well, here it goes-I believe that there is only one God. I believe that Jesus Christ was God manifested in flesh. I believe in oneness; meaning that the following titles: Father, Son, Holy-Ghost is ONE. I believe that one must REPENT and ask God for forgiveness of sin. I believe that to be baptized, one must be submerged under water and baptized in JESUS name. I believe that in order to receive the gift of the Holy-Ghost, one must acknowledge that they were born into sin and that God can save them from the evil of this world.

I believe in the speaking of tongues as it is described on the day of Pentecost in Acts 2:1-4. All what I believe in is backed-up by scripture in Act 2:38. Well, one might say that my belief is no different from the Apostolic doctrine. Yes, of course. I do believe the Biblical teachings of the twelve apostles according to the Holy Bible, but disagree with the man-made rules of the Apostolic doctrine. I believe that one must study to show thy self approved rather than believing every word from a man that call themselves a preacher.

 Finally, I  believe that God is the one true living God and that he is omnipotent and righteous; and He allows the truth to come to light from past hurt only if we are willing to accept it. I believe the body of Christ are been poisoned by hypocrite preachers and their lavish lifestyles, that we are drifting away from God; instead of becoming men and women after God's own heart. Finally, I believe the Black Church community (especially the Apostolic Faith) needs to be revisited with true men and women of God. Black men and women whose lives are in harmony with God. Black men and women who don't have locked closets. Closets where nothing has been swept under the rugs. Where truth, integrity and a clean heart is a prerequisite in order to preach the Gospel.

My name is Samantha Whitmore and this is my belief. Now I ask you- what do you believe?

Samantha Whitmore: What I Believe Samantha Whitmore: What I Believe Reviewed by Unknown on 7:00:00 AM Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. I do agree with a lot of what you've said there. However, I do take slight issue with this part: "I do believe the Biblical teachings of the twelve apostles according to the Holy Bible, but disagree with the man-made rules of the Apostolic doctrine."

    I think a better way to say that would be " I do believe the Biblical teachings of the twelve apostles according to the Holy Bible, but disagree with the man-made rules of certain Apostolic churches."

    These man made rules are from some Apostolic churches. These man made rules you refer to are not in themselves part of the Apostolic doctrine. (In fact, there are certain old school Trinitarian-Holiness churches that have similar rules, and they are certainly NOT Apostolic.) The man made rules that many Apostolic churches are famous for are actually not Apostolic doctrine at all. They are simply man made rules. Big difference. I think people should recognize the clear distinction there.

    That being said, I agree with you. I'm staunchly Apostolic in terms of Oneness of God and Acts 2:38 salvation. No compromise there, ever. But I believe some of this additional stuff that's been added on by many Apostolic churches is just dead weight, and a hindrance to the gospel.

    All in all, I'm a strong supporter of the Apostolic church and Apostolic doctrine in general; I wont bash the Apostolic church, and I hate to see Apostolics and former Apostolics doing so. There is certainly a place for constructive dialogue and constructive criticism. But Lord knows we have enough outsiders bashing us - we don't need to do it to ourselves.

    Blessing be unto you, in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your opinion Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.